Sunday, April 15, 2007

I Hear Wedding Bells!!


Berkeley and Annie Ward were married on May 21, 2005 at 2 PM in the Salt Lake City LDS Temple. It was a beautiful, clear, sunny day. We were surrounded by both of our families and by numerous friends. It was so exciting to come out of the temple for the first time as husband and wife and have everyone applauding us. I wore a white dress with an umpire waist. There were beaded designs all over the terrain. Berkeley wore a black tuxedo with tails and a yellow vest. After the ceremony, we took countless pictures on temple square with family and with each other. When that was over, we were so hungry that we went through the Wendy's drive-thru for some chicken nuggets and frosties. We only had about 15 minutes to relax before we had to be at the church where our reception was being held. Once there, we had another endless picture session. We stood in a reception line for an hour and a half greeting family and friends. Berkeley and I then shared our first dance together to the country song "Me and You" by Kenny Chesney. Then I danced with my dad and Berkeley danced with his mom to the song "Butterfly Kisses." It was an emotional few minutes, but so nice. Next, we cut the wedding cake. Unlike most couples, we were very nice and did not smash it into each other's faces. Last, we threw the bouquet and the garter to all those happy single friends and family members who were in attendance. Our reception ended at 9:30. Berkeley and I changed clothes and got ready to leave. People were lined up along the walkway with bags of rice. I always imagined rice being thrown into the air above the couple's head so it would fall gracefully around them, but we had it thrown fairly ungracefully at us instead. It was fun, but it kind of hurt a little bit! A word of advice to those who are getting married: Use bubbles, not rice...

1 comment:

Lexi said...

Girl!! I love your blog, I am so glad you finally made one. Now, you know that I am going to look at it every day, so there better be frequent updates. I'll add you to my list of fellow bloggers, and I'll give you Nat and Heather's sites too if you want to link them to yours.