Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

I love Halloween. Let me re-phrase. I love Halloween now that I have kids. Hazel is still young enough that she can be my little doll and allow me to choose her costume and dress her to my wishes. On the other hand, Asa is nearly 4 and has developed a will all his own. He chose to be a pirate (Jake from the show Jake and the Neverland Pirates) and the rest of us followed suit. This year we were a pirate family. Asa thought pumpkin carving was the greatest, so I carved 4 pumpkins while Asa looked on content to not touch anything with guts. I'll be happy to wait a year before I touch another pumpkin. It was pretty much the best Halloween ever since it was super warm outside and we didn't even need coats. I walked the neighborhood in a short sleeve shirt was was perfectly comfortable. Hazel caught on to the whole idea (and appeal) of trick or treating after about 3 houses. She started running to the next door and had her little hand held out in anticipation of recieving candy. Asa suprised me because after about 10 houses, he said, "OK, I've got enough candy. I'm ready to go home now. Also, I need a drink." Haha, so we went home. It was short and sweet and fun.






 

No comments: