Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Happenings

I don't know...this blog post title sounds like it should be the name of a scary movie...but don't worry, this is just a little update. My blog has become pretty ho-hum boring lately. It's like I can't think of anything cool or interesting to write about. Then I was reminded by my friend Lexi that your blog really should be written for yourself, although others read it, but if it is cool to you then that's all that matters. I sometimes worry about posting everything about Asa, but in reality, he is my life, so there it is. Anyway, life is going on like normal. I am now a Weber State Wildcat. Yes, I finally made the transfer from UVU to Weber. I start school again in January to finish up the Eled program. I am really excited to finish but also a little apprehensive about how to juggle school, homework and Asa while Berk is gone for Tech School. Luckily I am surrounded by wonderful family that are willing to help and support me. Wow, isn't family a blessing? Berkeley is working, working, working. I am so great to him for allowing me to stay at home and be a mom. I know it is hard for him to work everyday and only have a little time in the evenings to spend with us. The weekends are always so great when we can have full days together. I am so grateful that I married such a good guy. I have been trying to come up with ideas of worth-while things to do during my time at home. Of course I spend all of Asa's awake time with him, but when he naps, I need something to do. I am really trying to incorporate a good session of scripture study in daily. I also would like to find a craft or a hobby to work on over a period of time. Any ideas? Also, I need friends. SO....any of you friends out there that read my blog, even if we haven't seen eachother in a while...please please let's organize a weekly playdate or something. We can get together and also bring others we might know to join. It would be great to see old friends and meet new people. Anyway, life is going well and we are doing well.

3 comments:

Liz and Grant said...

I'm free on Tuesdays. Let's make it happen, Ellen is on at 10 here, so you could come over and we could watch Ellen and then do some other random stuff... oh wait you guys suck and live far away:( Well I guess I'll just have to wait until you move out here, and then we will playdate it up like the good old days! So it's a plan, I can't wait!

Lexi said...

Are you sure you just can't move out here to Washington? Pretty please?!

By the way, I had a dream last night that you named your second baby, get this: Chrystmas (yeah, with a 'y').

I remember thinking, how am I going to tell her that Chrystmas is the worst name ever?

I miss you. Boo hoo.

Scott and Jen Burrahm said...

I have some great counted cross stitch pattern books and papers I even have some of the kits you buy if you like cross stitch and I have a lot of random craft stuff and while I am waiting on hearing back from a job I am usually not doing anything and have a TON of scrapbooking stuff and I know you like taking pictures like me...you have to do something with them right.. And I bought these 8x8 paperbag scrapbooks that you can make for family or friends...let me know if you want to make a playdate I'm game