Friday, January 15, 2010

Here's the News

Berkeley got his orders from the Guard and he is scheduled to fly to Texas for tech school on February 15th. He will be there going to school for Security Forces training which is basically Military Police. He gets home May 26th. 3 months and 1 week which will feel like eternity, but we will make it! We are both actually pretty anxious for him to go so that we can get this segment of time apart over with. It will be much better than basic training because we will be able to talk every day with Skype and use webcams to see each other. It will be so nice for him to actually see Asa via webcam while he is away.
In other news, we rented an apartment!! We found a place in Bountiful that we both really like. The complex is in a cul-de-sac within a family neighborhood and just behind an elementary school so it feels really safe and secluded. We will move in around the 1st of February. Berkeley will be able to help get us settled and then he will be off. Tons of people are asking me how I feel about living in an apartment alone for so long with just Asa. I really feel great about it. I will only be 5 minutes from both of our families so if ever I need help, then it's just a call or a short drive to get it. Plus, it will be wonderful to have our own space again filled with our own things. Our families have been so wonderful and generous to let us stay with them over the past year and we will always be grateful to them for their help.
Asa will be 11 months old on the 20th and I am just amazed at all the things he has learned and how much he has grown. He is so much fun now. I really never thought I would enjoy being a mother this much...especially during those first 6 months. He makes me laugh all day and I just love his big personality. He has the most adorable smile in the world and when we get him laughing it is the best!
All in all, life is good for us right now. We are happy and excited to be moving on with life in a few ways. I am back in school, we have our own place again, and Berk will soon be done with training. We hope you guys are doing well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want not concur on it. I assume nice post. Especially the appellation attracted me to be familiar with the sound story.