Monday, January 11, 2010

School!

I have started school again. I almost dropped the semester three times before my first day. I was very apprehensive about going back for a few reasons. Berkeley leaves for tech school next month and will be gone for the rest of the semester, single parenting is exhausting, finding time to do homework without a ten month old needing me every two minutes, and having someone else babysit for me every day were just some of my worries. Well, I stayed enrolled and I am SO HAPPY that I did. My mom and mother-in-law have been so sweet to take turns tending Asa throughout the week and I am at ease because I trust them the most with my baby. It has been wonderful to feel like I have something more to focus on and that I am once again progressing, learning, and achieving. I am so close to having my degree and I am so glad to be back at work on it. It is also FANTASTIC to have a couple hours a day to myself. I commute to Weber which is about a 25 min drive each way so it's great just hooking up my I-Pod and singing music at the top of my lungs. I think being in school will make Berkeley's time away go much faster. The last time he was gone I had nothing to focus on but my extremely fussy baby and the fact that he was gone. This time Asa will be a thousand times easier to manage on my own and having school will force me to get out and think about other things. My classes are really interesting so far and I love that I have homework again...weird...but I really missed feeling like I was learning. I no longer feel the need to take daily trips to Wal-Mart just to get out of the house. School is great. What am I going to do when I graduate? Maybe enroll in some of those adult learning courses? Wow, that might make me feel like an oldie.

2 comments:

Liz and Grant said...

Good job Annie!!! I would have probably come back to Utah just to kick your butt if you didn't get back in there, you're just too close! I'm so glad it's all going well so far, you're amazing in my opinion:)

Lincoln and Alisia said...

ha ha after a semester of finsihing grad school I enrolled in a adult education spanish class. Does that make me old? ha ha jk but they are much better because I don't have to worry about my grades!