Tuesday, November 2, 2010

If I Had Time...

I am always in a battle with time. I am the mother of a super active 20 month old, wife to an awesome husband who I want to spend all my extra time with, and full time student preparing to student teach in January, oh, and I'm pregnant. I'm busy! Sometimes, like today, I sit and make lists of things I want to do when I finally have expendable time. For example, I really enjoy cooking but I usually just make the same 7 recipes because they are fast and I have them memorized. Someday, when I have time, I want to flip to a random page in my cookbook, go buy all the ingredients and make something new! Here's one I want to try...

If you have more time than I do and want to try this recipe, go here...
http://recipesbyme4you.blogspot.com/2009/02/gourmet-recipes-chicken-stew-with.html

Another thing I want to do is learn how to play some sort of instrument. My secret confession is that I want to learn to play the Ukulele so I can sing and play songs by Ingrid Michaelson and Jack Johnson all day long.

I want to write children's books. I have lots of ideas, who knows how good they are, but given time, I want to sit down and create storyboards for my ideas. Form those ideas into text, find an illustrator and get published! Dreaming big? Maybe, but maybe not.

Someday time and I will get along, but for now I am just trying to enjoy the "stuff" I currently have loaded on my plate. Thank goodness I have Berkeley and Asa to keep me happy and sane.

Oh, take a second and vote on what you think the gender of our baby is. We find out in less than three weeks!

3 comments:

Lexi said...

I'm curious what your 7 recipes are. You are quite a busy little lady these days, sounds like you need another Seattle trip. ;)

Dorothy said...

I want to hear your idea for kid's books! You should really look into that after you graduate. And maybe sometime we should get together for a dinner so we have an excuse to make something new and fantastic.

Dorothy said...

P.S. You better be having a girl!