Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Deployment, Kids, Deployment, Kids


Based on the title of this blog post, you can see what my life revolves around right now. Berkeley has been on deployment to Greece for 7 weeks now and to say it totally sucks is an understatement. I hate being apart. I miss him like crazy. I miss his companionship and, of course, his HELP! Yikes, taking care of two little ones all day every day is super exhausting. My kids are crazy adorable and I love being a mom to them, but there is something to be said about the blessed hours of 5-8 pm when Daddy gets home and everyone gets a breath of fresh air. I could complain much more, but I think it will be better for my spirit to focus on the positive. We are nearly halfway through with only 8 weeks left. Asa turned 3 years old on the 20th of February. Asa has become a highly imaginitive little boy. He pretends all day long. His current obsession is with dinosaurs. He stomps around the house roaring from sun up to sun down. He is still in love with Tyrone the Mailman (from Backyardigans) and we play that game quite often too. He talks up a storm. He can be super tempermental and rude at times. Sharing has become the most difficult things to cope with in his little world. I am trying to figure out how to handle that. Hazel is happy and beautiful. She has begun to walk just this last week and will take 5-10 steps before falling or opting to crawl. In the last couple weeks, she has also learned to clap and point at things. She loves to eat!! She will eat anything I give her, but she hasn't got any teeth yet, so unfortunately she is still very limited. Last week she has tubes put in her ears, so hopefully we will be ear infection clear from here on out. She is much happier now, more vocal and more independent now that she can hear normally. She and Asa love eachother. They are always so happy to see eachother. They do fight though! I knew they would fight eventually but I had idea that it could start this early! Mostly their "fights" consist of Asa refusing to share or taking a toy from her. This causes Hazel to react with screams or cries. They are sure funny to watch though. I'm doing fine. Just taking life one day at a time right now. I'm trying to stay positive even though, honestly, I'm exhausted. Heaven help those women who have to deal with year long deployments. Shoot me if that ever happens to us. Regardless, I have made diet and exercise a priority, even if it means the kids are crying at me for 45 minutes straight while I get it done! I have been doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 program and I have managed to lose about 11lbs. I will be thrilled if I can lose about 8 more. I have started round two of the program this week and hope to do it a 3rd time before Berkeley gets back. We are planning to take a trip to Hawaii together (child-free) within the next 3-5 months, so that is a motivator to get in shape. Otherwise, life is rolling on. I sure hope it rolls quickly down hill for the second half of this deployment. I want my husband home!!




4 comments:

Doug and Bethany said...

You're amazing! There are a few months Doug has to be gone for medical rotations, and I'm scared to death! Hope the rest of the time goes by fast for you. Miss you guys!

Jenny Phillips said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny Phillips said...

Annie, this is Jenny Phillips...your long lost Provo friend. I just wanted to let you know that if anybody can raise two kids without their husband, you can do it. I remember after you had Asa how much I admired you for keeping it together. I remember looking at you and thinking, "The next time I have a baby, I want to be more like Annie and stay on top of things." True story. Other than deployment, I hope things are going well. Your children are ADORABLE and I love seeing how they look like both you and Berkeley. A perfect split. I hope you don't mind me stalking you via your blog, but I just wanted to let you know that you can do it. Keep it up. P.S. You look great too! I bet your husband can barely wait to get back to you!

Suzie said...

This is Tami's sister. If you are coming to Oahu and need a place to stay, we live here and you can stay with us. Let me know if you are interested :)