Sunday, March 16, 2008

Aloha! I LOVE Hawaii!

Berkeley and I just got home from our vacation to Oahu. It was the best trip I have ever been on. There is nothing better than waking up to the sound of the ocean outside your window and the consistently warm weather. We had very few set plans, so every day was very relaxed. We played on as many beaches as possible on all sides the island. We kayaked, snorkeled, hiked, body boarded, surfed, and I did my fair share of sun-bathing. It was a perfect trip. Here are a few pictures to give you a sample of what the vacation was like. I have videos too. I will upload those in my next post.

At the beautiful arboretum(thanks for the spelling clarification Cam!)...which is a natural tree park.

Caged in the bamboo jungle like animals!

There were sea turtles everywhere at this beach!

This is Ron. He speared this fish!

Berkeley being taught how to kite surf.

Walk to the Hawaii Temple.

Kayaking at Hukilau Beach

No ladies...He is taken...

Lexi and I at the beach loving it all!

For all you LOST fans out there, here I am standing in front of James Sawyer's hut!

The Ward cousins pretending to be sea turtles.

LOST Fans: This is the church Mr. Echo began building last season..or was it two seasons ago?

Another cool one at Look-out point.

Berkeley snorkeling.

The Arizona Memorial.

Visible part of the sunken U.S.S. Arizona.

Ahhh...the ultimate form of relaxation!

Berk and I on Lexi and Jeff's hotel patio. Waikiki is behind us. Too bad you can't see it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa and Lance said...

Aloha Annie! I am so jealous of your trip! It looks like you guys had a blast, and it looks so warm! Add me to your list of blog friends It is nice to finally join the world of blogging!lanceandlisa.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

I'm so jealous! I Love Hawaii, Hope you had fun! Your pictures are so cute!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Yay for you!!

Wright Family said...

OH I am so jealous! What a fun trip it looks like. I can't believe how big those turtles are! and who's dog is that you have on a leash?....

Holley and Brandon said...

Yay I'm so glad you put pictures up already! It makes me want to go there on vacation again SO bad! I'm jealous of your Hawaiian tans! I sure am glad you are back at work though. Stewarts missed you terribly!

Ashley said...

Sounds like you had fun :) Hawaii is one of the best places on this planet!

Jessica Anderson said...

wow, you and berk look HOTT!!! Way to go P90X. I wish I had that dedication. Your trip looked so much fun! I'm so jealous about the Lost adventure. When Doug and I went there for our honey moon, we drove around the island the ENTIRE day looking for the set up, but NEVER found it. So we pretended to take pictures and say that's where they shot something at one point. I'm glad you guys had fun!

camjackieward said...

Looks like you guys had a good time, Jackie is already asking me when we are going back and why we didn't play with the sea turtles.

P.S. don't mean to be anal but I don't really think you went to an "arbitrary."
arbitrary: subject to individual will or judgment without restriction; contingent solely upon one's discretion.
Maybe you really went to an "arboretum."
arboretum: a plot of land on which many different trees or shrubs are grown for study or display.

P.S.S. We're having a boy!

Mickelle said...

You two look hot. I must learn more of this P90X. Perhaps I shall come VT'ing as an excuse to learn more...