Wednesday, May 4, 2011

No Baby Yet...



Today I am 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant! My due date is Friday. I went to the doctor this morning and she told me that I am still dilated to a 2 (as I have been for the past 4 weeks!!), but I am now 90-95% effaced and the baby's head is low and engaged. She assured me that I am labor ready and it could happen at any moment. She offered to strip my membranes, but my doctor is out of town for two more days, so I decided to just wait it out. If I haven't gone into labor on my own by Monday, then my doctor will strip my membranes and hopefully this little girl will arrive by Tuesday. I am so excited to meet her, but I am pretty nervous about going into labor and having to make the trip (short 12 minute trip) to the hospital. I was induced last time, so I don't really know what to expect. As long as this little one gets here happy and healthy, then I will be happy. Oh, you should go to the left side of our blog and vote on a name. We are still a little up in the air over it (although we think we know which one we'll choose). Vote anyway and let us know your opinion!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Good luck! My second labor was completely different from my first!

Josh and Tiff said...

yay!! can't wait for you guys! I love all the names you have so far, so whatever you choose will be just adorable! when I got my membranes stripped the 1st time nothing happened. the next week I had it done and my water broke that night! good luck!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Oh man! You are so close! I am still about 3 weeks away :)

Tami H. said...

Wow!She is beautiful! So far,I agree, she looks much different than Asa. So glad it went so smoothly!!