Sunday, November 15, 2009

What Would You Be?

Reincarnation: the belief that the soul, upon death of the body, comes back to earth in another body or form.

This post was inspired by two things.

First, I watched a show on the History channel about the idea of reincarnation. Interesting.

Second, I listened to report on bears given by my niece.

I think if I were to be reincarnated, I would choose to come back as a bear. Yep, a bear, and here are the reasons why.

When you’re a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that.

Before you hibernate, you’re supposed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that too.

When you’re a girl bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you’re sleeping and wake to partially grown, cute, cuddly cubs. I could definitely deal with that.

If you’re mama bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too. I could deal with that.

If you’re a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling. He EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat.

Yeah, I think I will be a bear. What would you be?

5 comments:

Jessica Anderson said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA I loved EVERY PIECE OF THIS POST.... and have to say that I COMPLETELY agree! I would choose being a bear after hearing these facts.

Scott and Jen Burrahm said...

I agree with you a bear would be GREAT...with all these facts who would want to be anything else?
I will need some time to truley ponder what I would want to be. I think I am leaning towards bear, but if you ask Scott he may tell you that I am part bear now....so maybe I will try something completley different...like a squirel or turtle.

Lexi said...

Annie you are hilarious! Thank you for making me jealous of bears. I never thought I'd say that.

The other nice thing about being a bear is that you could bite your cub in the butt when it is being bad. That'll teach 'em.

Dorothy said...

Awesome. Now that I've read this post, bear is definitely the answer.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha Annie you are too funny! I love this! Lets see....i think I would be a laughing hyena because you could laugh all the time at or with people and no one would care cuz they already know you are going to laugh. So you could make fun of someone and laugh and no one would know the difference!! ha ha! Okay that would be rude...but still! FUN!