Sunday, August 15, 2010

Still Alive!

We are still here. I have just been burned out on blogging lately. I have decided to keep an actual journal again (you know, the kind where you have to use a pen and paper), so that is where I have been writing lately. It's nice. I have missed private journal writing. I thought I would get on here and write a quick update for the few of you who read this blog. We are doing well. I have been very much enjoying my two weeks of summer and I'm happy to report I got all A's during the summer semester of school. Now I only have two classes and student teaching left before I graduate. Hallelujah! Now that Berkeley has finished all of his military training, he will joining the ranks of college students everywhere this fall. He will be going to UVU full time and working part time. It will be great because the military will pay for his school and pay us extra per month which is what will make him able to only work part time but still make the same income per month. He is looking into teaching as well, but has not decided what area he wants to major in. He still has a couple semesters before he needs to apply, so hopefully by then he will feel good with one choice. Aside from school, we are just enjoying life and taking care of Asa. He is now 18 months and doing well. He is beginning to say quite a few words. His favorite words right now are scooter and bike. We have been having a really difficult time with his sleep schedule lately. All of a sudden, he totally freaks out when it is bed time so we've had to take him on drives to get him to sleep, and then he wakes up crying a couple times each night. We are hoping it is just a growth spurt or teething that has made things so rough lately. Other wise, he is a happy, healthy, funny boy who we love very much! Overall, we are doing fine and enjoying summer.

1 comment:

Wright Family said...

so glad to hear you are doing well. I can't believe you are almost done with school! That is exciting! Berko is so well rounded he could do just about anything I think. Good Luck getting Asa back on schedule. That can be hard. But You can do it!