Saturday, September 6, 2008

Alms for the Poor.


Berkeley and I have had the worst week as far as spending money on things that we don't want to goes. First of all, the whole car jacking ordeal left us having to pay our $250 insurance deductible. Lame. I get car jacked and we pay. Insurance did end up paying about $600 for repairs/cleaning/detailing. I am grateful for that. Next, I needed to get my car registered again, but in order to pass safety and emissions, I had to get two new tires and a new windshield wiper motor. My alignment was off so I got that done as well. Today's total bill to Firestone: $ 545 big ones. Next, Berkeley's truck is also due for new registration. His front headlight would not work, so we assumed that it was an easy fix. We bought a new light, replaced the old one, and it still didn't work. Turns out it was an electrical problem. Yesterday's bill to Orem Electric: $170 big ones. Just when we think we are done, we're not. Berkeley's truck needs a new windshield. We thought that our insurance would cover it because we already paid our $250 deductible. Nope. The deductible is $250 per car. On Monday, we will pay Safelight Autoglass $120 big ones. Last but not least, both of our cars have to have safety and emissions tests done along with the $90 registration fee for EACH. Gosh. We are broke.
On a good note, we lost the key to Berkeley's truck a week or so ago and had no idea where it was. We tore our house apart and found it nowhere. I looked into having a replacement made and the cost to do that would have been about $190. Finally, Berkeley said we should pray. We did. We thought through the last night we had the keys and remembered we had eaten at the Olive Garden. That was last Friday. Berkeley called them anyway and they had our truck key in the lost and found! Yay. It was an answer to our prayers to not have to pay that extra amount of money. Then again, Berkeley got a ticket last week for driving his unregistered vehicle to the repair shop. At least they did not impound it. You win some you lose some. Mostly we lose some. Or a lot.

4 comments:

Liz and Grant said...

that blows. However you have had so much bad luck lately, you must be due for a few breaks in the near future.

Lexi said...

I feel your pain. I hate car repairs, I always feel like I'm getting duped somehow.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least there is still your scooter right? Holy drainage of money girl! But hey, I know you to keep your head up and look on the bright side of things! And that DOES mean that blessings are on their way!! YEA!

Wright Family said...

ooooo. that's a lot of money in one week. I think my husband would've had a break down if that happened to us. He does not like to spend money.... on anything. hopefully the next few weeks will be better!