Thursday, September 11, 2008

Time for a Pick-Me-Up

I was looking over my blog and realized I had like 3 downer posts in a row. One about my attempted car jacking, one about the charges the criminal incurred, and one about how much money we had to spend on cars. Downers. I decided it was time for a pick-me-up post. I have been thinking about the things I am most grateful for in my life right now and I have made a list. Her goes:

1. Berkeley. He's great. He keeps me laughing and is always the best of company even when I may not be. I still feel like the luckiest girl in the world because he chose to marry me. Plus, he is going to be a fantastic dad.
2. Friends. It is so nice to know that there are people out there who care about me. People who I can call anytime and always get good advice or support when needed. I want to take second and thank those who have been so generous to us the last couple weeks. Jeff, Lexi and Chris, thank you so much for letting us use your cars while ours have been out of commision. You saved us from quite a headache.
3. The opportunity to be a mother. I am scared to death about a lot of things when it comes to the idea of having a baby but when I relax and really think about it, I feel so blessed.
4. Our jobs. As much as we like to complain about work, we both have great jobs that provide the means to support ourselves and live comfortably. Berkeley's work is providing us with great medical and dental insurance. My work is so flexible with my full-time school schedule and I am so grateful for that.
5. Family. There is no way I could leave out our families. In our prayers, Berkeley and I are always thanking our Heavenly Father for the incredible families that we have. We are blessed to have parents that raised us in the gospel and always showed their love and support for us. We both have brothers and sisters that we consider our truest friends even though we may not see a lot of eachother.
6. The Gospel. Of course we can't leave that out. Our religion is the center of our lives and is what makes our lives so rich. We have been blessed beyond measure by simply living by the docterines of the gospel. We understand eternal truths that give us hope and encouragement especially when things don't always go our way. I am especially grateful for our temple marriage that seals our family for eternity. There is nothing better than knowing you are a child of a loving Heavenly Father who knows you and has a plan and purpose for your life.

There's much more I could write, but I probably already lost most of you. This post was mostly for myself. I need to be better about remembering all the good I have in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Annie I feel lucky to be your friend! Go girl!Sure love you to pieces!