Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sleeping is Supposed to be Peaceful!

I woke up so frustrated this morning because ALL night long I had the worst dreams about work and school. My neck and back are all tense and it feels like I went for a push ups all night. Here are three of the many examples I could share from last night's escapade.

Dream 1: I am at school getting ready to do an oral presentation on an article about literacy (which I do have to do on Monday). My turn comes around and I can't find my article anywhere. The professor sends me to the hall so I can try to find my stuff. It is no where. She then tells me to just explain the article to the class. I stand up and I can't remember a single thing about it. I start trying to fake it and all I can think to say is a bunch of junk about boats. What the...
Dream 2: I am at work. An irate customer comes in and starts screaming at me because her house is being repossessed. (I work at a lawn service company. We have NOTHING to do with real estate.) I continue to tell the lady I am sorry but there is nothing we can do for her. She is freaking out saying it is my our fault and we have no right to repo her home. My manager hears and comes out of his office. He calls me to the back room and tells me I am terrible at customer service and that is if I don't figure out something to do for this lady then I am fired. Awesome.
Dream 3: School again. I am running super later and it is a huge final day for one of my classes. I can't find my shoes anywhere. I decide to go barefoot. My car won't start and when it finally does there is traffic backed up for blocks so I can't even get out of my driveway. I try calling some people from my class and their answering machines all say, " I am in the middle of a final right now. I will call you back." I call my professor. She tells me there is nothing she can do and that I should have allotted myself more time to get there. The dream went on and on FOREVER.

Awesome night, huh? Hopefully tonight will be better. It is the weekend. I shouldn't be plagued with stressful work and school dreams for 8 hours straight. Wish me luck.

6 comments:

Mickelle said...

I LOVE the bit about only remembering stuff about boats. I just laughed and laughed.

Anonymous said...

Nights like that are SERIOUSLY the worst!!! Horrible!! I hate em!! i'm sorry you had to deal with that! But the stress is all over right? How did it go and did you get to relax this weekend!! Let's get together and do some laughing! That ALWAYS helps!

Shalantie said...

At least your dreams have some kind of plot and actually make sense. I wake up every morning wondering what the...
all of these random events that I try to claim as a dream, don't make any sense at all. Sometimes every image is still in my head, but I have absolutely no way of describing it. I can tell you though, that I have a lot of dreams about being chased and hiding to save my life. Isn't that great?

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

My goodness, I've had dreams similar to all of those!! I hate it! But lately, when I dream about being in a high school or college class, sometimes I'm able to stop myself halfway through the dream and say to my teacher or the kid who is being mean to me "Hey! I don't have to do this assignment! I've already graduated, so there!!"

One interesting thing: the nights that I specifically pray to not have bad dreams or nightmares, I wake up well rested with not having had any bad dreams! Now if I could just remember to do that every night...

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Poor thing!! I hate nights like that. And you wake up and you don't want to go back to sleep anyway because it's not restful at all! I hope you're getting more sleep now that the "start of school woes" are fading.

Amanda said...

Oh man, welcome to pregnancy dreams! They are seriously so stressful--and you wake feeling like you haven't really slept at all. Hopefully, you've been able to get some rest since then!