Friday, August 7, 2009

I Have a Predicament...

Let me start by saying that I suggest women only read this post. Trust me men, you really don't care what my predicament is in this case. Anyway, thank heavens, Asa has started taking a bottle again. It was a miracle that all of a sudden two days ago, he had no problems drinking from a bottle even with formula! I had no intention of starting Asa on formula this soon, but I am having some problems that are not allowing me to breastfeed right now. At the moment, nursing Asa is ridiculously painful and pumping is almost just as bad. As a result, I have so much discomfort due to having water balloons for boobs! Argh! I am in some serious pain here! So...I guess my question is...what can I do to either alleviate the discomfort until I can nurse again OR what can I do to make my milk supply dry up?? At this point I am fine with doing formula for Asa. He has had no problems with it at all so far and is doing great with a bottle.

6 comments:

Lisa and Lance said...

I feel your pain girl! When I stopped feeding Ryland just last week, my boobs killed like crazy for 2 days straight. I put ice on them, but mostly just delt with the pain and feeling of my boobs being bigger than my head! The pain only lasted not even 2 days and they felt sooooo much better! They still leak a little here and there, but for the most part, they are done producing milk. Hopefully you can just hang in there and the pain really will pass. Call me if you need to talk more! Good luck!

Lant Family said...

I have also heard there is a herbal supplement that will help your milk dry up. I don't know what it is called or anything--I have just heard from other people. I bet if you went to the store and asked they would know. Good Luck :)

Lexi said...

Play a trick on Berk and fill up a milk jug with your extra milk. See if he likes it on his cereal.

Karen said...

I can't believe he started taking a bottle! Will he take the nipple shield too? Or does that still kill you?

Holley and Brandon said...

When I stopped pumping with Brooks I would just try and go as long as I possibly could before I would pump. It will hurt for a few days until the milk supply starts to go down but after about 2 weeks I was good and I didn't even need to pump anymore. Also, if you put a diaper in really warm water and put them on your boobs it will help with the pain. For me the warmth helped more than ice.

Mickelle said...

The potassium in bananas is supposed to be great. Really helped me a ton, that's for sure.