Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Jumbled...Just Like My Brain.

Tonight I am tired. Really tired, but I am staying awake waiting for Berkeley to call so we can talk a little bit before bed. Tonight blogging is just a result of trying to stay awake, so forgive the randomness. First of all, I have a love for Easter. The reason is simple and is pictured below...

As of 5 minutes ago, I finished off the last 4 eggs left in my bag of delicious morsels known as Cadbury Mini Eggs. I love you Cadbury, whoever you are.

I have terrible eyesight. Without my contacts or glasses, I am a nearly blind lady with moderate astigmatism. I wear contacts throughout the day, but if I don't take them out and use glasses by about 6:30 then I get a bad headache. Well, Asa loves my glasses. As a result, despite my efforts of dissuasion, my glasses have taken a beating from my son. They finally broke. Does that stop me from wearing them? NO! Absolutely not. I even went to the store a couple times looking like this...

Did I get funny looks and even laughed at by a certain jewelry counter attendant. Of course I did, but it's the price you pay for no headaches. Actually the price you pay is around 360 bucks! That how much the new pair of glasses currently being ordered cost me. Thanks Asa.

So Berkeley is gone to tech school. It sucks. Yep. Since he has been gone, Asa has had two double ear infections in the last 3 weeks. He is currently battling the second one right now and we just started antibiotics yesterday. Can't a little boy catch a break? And his mom too?! He has been very irritable and can't leave his ears alone. I hate it when he is sick and it seems like he is ALWAYS sick! Spring...where the crap are you?! I am sick of cold/flu/ear infection season already!! Anyway, even with the double ear infection, I have still been able to catch some cute stuff on camera. My favorite thing about the pictures is the view of his cute little pearly whites. Baby teeth are among the cutest things ever. At least I think so. Feel free to disagree. Or don't. Whatever.



Since Asa just had his first birthday, I thought it would be fun to reminisce a little and show you this video. He was only 5 days old here. I am tired tonight, but no where near as tired as I was when I took this video. Thank goodness for that.

Alright, have you had enough of my jumbled brain for one blog post? Well, if so then you are in luck because I am done for now.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oooooo Man. I also love Easter candy!! Cadbury eggs are just heavenly. Blindness is another thing we have in common.

Hmmm.... is the Easter candy making us go blind?!

Lexi said...

You and I are truly cut from the same cloth:

http://jeffandlexiward.blogspot.com/2007/09/why-my-face-smells-like-orange.html

Check it out and you'll see why.

I hope Mr. Asa feels better by the time he gets on the plane. For both of your sakes!

Dorothy said...

Yummy easter candy!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I looooooove cadbury minis! Love them! I must refrain myself from calling them "the best part of Easter" because they are up there

Amber Monson said...

I can't believe how much Asa has changed from that video. So cute. Good luck with everything. Your are an amazing mom and women.

Liz and Grant said...

I ate a whole bag of cadbury minis today too! AND does Asa have a receeding hair line, he totally looks like he has old man hair- better than Hallie though, she's got the bald horse-shoe look in certain light :)

Shalantie said...

MMMM HMM! LOVE those mini eggs. My first bag for the season was polished off a couple weeks ago. Oh, i'll be getting more on my next walmart run!
Did you know that cadbury sold their name or company or whatever to HERSHEY! YA LAME! Do you notice that the candy shells taste a little different this year? Yeah, that's because stupid hersheys is trying to mimick the cadbury recipe. Ugh. Oh well, they are still good! Cute post by the way... I love the randomness