Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tired but Surviving.

Hello. My name is Annie and I am a sleep-a-holic. Berkeley has been gone for two and a half weeks now with only 13 weeks to go. Blah. I went into this separation with the idea that it would be totally awful because it was totally awful the last time. Though it does suck, it is no where near as hard as it was the last time around for 4 main reasons...

1. my baby no longer cries ALL DAY.
2. my baby sleeps through the night.
3. I get a break from my baby every day thanks to school and a wonderful mom and mom-in-law.
4. SKYPE with webcam.

I really am a sleep-a-holic though. I seriously have no idea how single parents do it! Taking care of a toddler all day is the most tiring schedule I've ever had and that includes working two jobs while doing full-time school. Aside from being tired a lot and missing Berkeley like crazy, I am coping fairly well. My new ward is great and today, while playing outside with Asa, I visited with some neighbors who have young kids. It was good to get to know them. Hopefully now that we are settled into a more permanent ward, we will be able establish some friendships. I love our apartment and having our own space. I am so excited for Berkeley to get back and enjoy it with me. He was only here with me a week before leaving, so that will be nice. Plus, it will be nice to be able to watch moments like these...



No comments: