Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Lets go back in time.

So I was taking a walk around our shed and I found an antique! I found an old push-mower that you see in those 1930's films. When I saw it, I pictured a man with very white teeth wearing an outfit made up of brown pants and a sweater vest. His hair is neatly parted a little too far on the right side. He is mowing the lawn of his cookie cutter home in the quaint town of Provo. His wife is inside baking cookies and his children are in the living room listening to a radio show.
After this image played through my mind, I had to give the mower a try!! I wheeled it up to the edge of the grass and pushed with all my might. When I say all my might, I mean it. The neighbors saw me trying to mow the grass with the treasure I had just found in the shed and they found it amusing. They came outside and each of us gave it a try. Berkeley also joined in on the fun. Our grass was ridiculously long, but even so, how in the world did people use those things? What a work-out! When we finished the tiny section of lawn we had strength for, we sat back to laugh at our hack job. What a mess. Grass everywhere. The lawn looked like it had just undergone a really bad haircut. I wish I could take a motorized lawn mower back in time with me and make one white toothed, sweater-vest wearing man very happy.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

K so this is freaking hilarious! I want to try! The funniest part is that I'm totally picturing you pushing that thing and laughing so hard right now! AH HA HA! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

haha! I love it!