Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Here is the Dealio.

My blog is boring. I really need to get back into the blogging spirit, but I feel like lately I haven't had much to talk about. Nothing interesting anyway. I just decided that a lame post is sometimes better than no post, so I thought I'd write a quick update on us. I am a very lucky girl right now because Berkeley is my sugar daddy while I stay home...no work and no school. It has been quite an adjustment for me to go from being crazy busy all day to planning my schedule when I wake up each morning. Each day is different, but usually contains some cleaning project which I love. It is nice to have time to clean without feeling guilty because I should be doing homework. Berkeley is working hard every day. He is still working for Zimmer Orthopedic in SLC. I feel bad sometimes because he has long hours and by the time he gets home, he has 3 hours of free time before bedtime rolls around. He rarely complains though. (Unlike me...I'm a total whiner) We are trying to make some big decisions about our life...career paths, where to live, financial choices, etc. We will keep you posted on those decisions when they are finalized. Last, we are looking forward to having our baby boy next month. We are 6 weeks away from my due date and my feelings are on a roller coaster. I am so scared and so excited at the same time. I just want to be a great mom and I feel so ill-prepared. I will learn soon enough though...ready or not...here he comes. We love all you guys. We miss all of you friends out there that we don't get to see. Thanks for all of your love and support.

5 comments:

Lexi said...

I'm glad you posted something! I always like to hear about your life no matter if there is something exciting or not. I know how nerve racking it can be to be so close to having a baby, but don't worry because you'll do great. I can't wait for the little man to make his appearance. He'll be so cute and you'll be so in love. Despite the hardships of having a newborn, they make you SO happy. Parker is excited for his new best friend to arrive.

Tami H. said...

Did I ever mention that the key to sanity with a newborn is Babywise by Gary Ezzo. If not, buy this book on AMAZON today and read it tomorrow! It teaches you how to get your baby to sleep through the night by around 8 weeks. It worked for all 3 of my sisters kids and both of ours. All of which had a happy disposition as babies because they were on a nice schedule. You will be so thankful to have some sort of guide to follow as far as eating, wake-time and sleeping schedules.

Laura said...

That wasn't a lame post. You told how you are doing. Honestly that is really what I want to know when I read other peoples posts. When Asa comes you will probably think of lots to post about. By the way I think that you will be a great mom. I know that you probably get tons of advice right now on what theory to use with your baby. I know that I did. So this is just a suggestion that you can do or not it is completely up to you. If you have time rent the video The Happiest Baby on the Block from the library. Mickelle Shea suggested it to me and it really helped. It just gives you 8 tips how to comfort your baby. I am so excited for you. A baby is a lot of work, but they add so much joy to your family.

Anonymous said...

Oh I feel you. Big changes happen so fast it seems like. And big decisions like career path and where to live and stuff are intense! No worries, it'll all work out the way it's supposed to. And you will be a great mom!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Exciting!! Congrats on being so close and I'm sure things will fall into place!