Friday, March 20, 2009

Blame It On The Hormones

This song was like a breath of fresh air for me when I heard it today. I have heard it many times before, but this time the lyrics made me contemplate my current situation as a new mother and it made my perspective change. As you can tell from my last post, times have been a little rough for me. Adjusting to being a mother is a tricky deal and with Asa being so fussy, I have been feeling a little down. Well, this song made me realize how precious time is with your child. Even the hard times are precious because really "it won't be like this for long". When Asa is sleeping or nursing or having a calm moment in my arms, I can't help but stare and be amazed by him. I am amazed that he is mine and will be forever. Thanks to everyone for all the love, advice, support, words of encouragement. I can't express how much your kind gestures have meant to me. Enjoy the song!

5 comments:

Becca said...

That was a great song. I have never heard it before. Wow, it made me cry. It makes you feel bad for all those times you wish they would just grow up. It makes you want to hold your little ones a little longer. thanks for sharing.

Becca said...

okay, I want to add this to my blog. how do you upload the video?

Annie and Berkeley said...

I just go to youtube, look up the video you want, and on the right hand side there is a bar that says "embed" . Just copy the info from that line and paste it into your blog post under the edit html tab.

Anonymous said...

I see you've come back around to your country roots Annie! I LOVE IT! Thank you for that wonderful song! You always seem to find the light and good in things Annie and I love it just about as much as I love you!

Erin said...

You know, I had a similar experience the other day with the song "You're Gonna Miss This." The time when they are small is so precious and they'll never be this way again. Well miss it.