Sunday, March 22, 2009

Two Great Days!

The last 2 days have been so great with Asa. He still has had his fussy times, but it has been a thousand times better than what we've been dealing with. When we took him to the pediatrician, he gave us a trial prescription of Prevacid to treat for acid reflux. Asa had been spitting up a lot and gagging when we would lay him down, so we thought reflux could possibly be an issue. We gave him the first dose on Friday. Saturday was a good day, then he slept a five hour then four hour shift last night. So far, today has been great as well! We aren't positive if the medicine is really what has caused the last few days to go so well, but if so then thank heavens for Prevacid! I guess we will see how the next week goes, but the weekend has been a breath of fresh air for me, my nerves, and my little boy!

12 comments:

camjackieward said...

I'm so happy he seems to be doing better! I am grateful for medicine that makes life easier and happier! We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Jessica Anderson said...

That's why we took Nixon to the Chiropractor when he was a newborn, because my pedeatrition said he had acid reflux which made him uncomfortable all the time and the chiro was able to fix it without having to always give him medicine.

It's great the medicine helped you guys, i just didn't feel like it was helping nixon.
Just something to think about.

Doug and Bethany said...

I'm so happy he's doing so much better! You two need your sleep! We had so much fun seeing you three last night! You have such a sweet precious little boy!

Laura said...

I am so happy that something is helping little Asa feel better. I hope it continues to help.

Lant Family said...

Oh I am so glad to hear things are going better for you guys over there. Happy babies are always better---for everyone :)

Lexi said...

Hooray! Parker has acid reflux too and the medicine really helps him. He actually enjoys taking the medicine now too, which is pretty funny. Hopefully things will continue to go well for you and your little guy.

Sara and Justin said...

Happy day, a baby that sleeps so that Mommy and Daddy can too.
Heidi and Matthew (the one that I told you about their baby having bad reflux) were just here. We told her about what was going on and she wanted us to let you know too, that if it doesn't seem to keep working, like it did with Same at first, they can up the dose just a tiny bit. They had to do that with their baby Sam. He is such a different baby and sleeps sooooo much better than he used too. Heidi said she forgot to give him his medicine the other day and he was sooo spitty-uppy. She said that he goes off it in about two months.
Anyway, I am a beliver that if it works keep doing it. There is nothing wrong with giving your baby medicine that helps him be happier and you keep your sanity.

Peterson Family said...

My nephew was on that also, and I remember if he missed a dose, he was extremely fussy. So it could be the reason for the fuss.

Becca said...

Yeah, I am glad he is doing better. I hope he continues to do better for you guys.

Lisa and Lance said...

That is great Annie! Hopefully he will continue to feel better. Good luck!!

Love Family said...

So glad things are going better!

Wright Family said...

oh good! i'm so glad!