Thursday, July 31, 2008

Deviated Septum...No More!!

The day has finally arrived! Tomorrow afternoon Berkeley is getting a surgery to correct his deviated septum. I think it was already bad to begin with and then he broke his nose playing soccer a year or so ago and the problem just got worse. When he went to the doctor, he was told he had 98% blockage on one side of his nose. He has always had to breath through his mouth, especially at night, and always has to spit or live with congestion because hardly anything will come out his nose through blowing. Gross. I know it is. He is also hoping that this will straighten out the curve he has in his nose. I think it is cute, but he doesn't like it. Hopefully all goes well. This is his first surgery...poor guy. Wish him luck and happy breathing!

Here is a picture for those of you who like visuals...don't ask me what terbinates are.

4 comments:

Lant Family said...

Good Luck. I just had my first surgery and it was scary! Hopefully everything will go good and will be worth it! I am sure it will. Maybe now he can blow his nose.

Robnz Fam said...

Yay for Berkeley! You two are such a fun, fun couple. I love reading your blog. And how nice of him to do such a nice thing like that on your big day! Ok, so I saw that Matt and Laura have a blog too! But, sadly, it's private. Could you tell them to send me a link or else I will just be so sad. They can email it to me at sethcarrol@yahoo.com or whatever. :0) Thanks Annie and my brother from another mother ;0)!

Lexi said...

I'm so happy Berk is finally getting this surgery! I can't wait to see the difference. I want Jeff to get it so bad, but we have to wait til we have more money. Good luck!

Wright Family said...

oh man, good luck! make sure to take pictures of your cool nose cast thing. :)