Monday, July 28, 2008

My Birthday!

On Saturday I turned 24 years old! It was a really good day. Berk and I slept in and then I had to work for a few hours. Unknown to me, while I was a t work, Berkeley was busy shopping for a surprise BBQ/birthday party for me! When I got home from work, we got our swimsuits on and planned on going swimming. We took too long getting to the pool and the bbq was supposed to start at 2, so Berkeley started stalling by driving around random neighborhoods and then we went to the Farmer's Market to walk around a bit. It was a really dang hot Saturday so I was getting honery. I wanted to go home or hurry and go to the pool. I didn't know our neighbors were setting up the bbq at the park we were stalling at. I think Berkeley sensed my bad mood coming on, so he took me over to the covered pavilion where our neighbors were hanging out waiting for us to get there. It was so nice of all of our neighbors to pitch in and spend a couple hours of their Saturday to suprise me with a delicious bbq. Not only did our neighbors come, but my mom, dad, David, Kim, and Matt all drove down to spend time with me. After the bbq, my family came back to our house and hung out with us for a while. It was so nice to just chit chat and spend time together. I feel like I don't see my family a lot so when we do spend time together, I really enjoy it. Later that night, Berkeley and I got Olive Garden take-out for dinner and he made me my favorite cake (Funfetti of course). We had friends come over again to share cake and ice cream. We didn't have candles so Berkeley made me blow out two matches that he stuck in the cake. Thanks to all our friends/neighbors and to my family for sharing their Saturday with me. It was so much fun! Thank you Berkeley for being to considerate and thoughtful and planning such a fun day. Sorry I was an honery butt in the beginning.





7 comments:

Jessica Anderson said...

HAPPY BIRTHY ANNIE!!!! Looks like you had an eventful day! Those couches on the bottom picture, is that your apartment? Theres a lady i visit teach and she just bought the same set and it was like $1700. How much did u get those for? Asumming that's your house....

Anonymous said...

Yeah I was supposed to come but of course whenever you already have something planned then you have like 3 other fun invites! STINKS! But I still told you Happy Birthday first remember! HA! So there!

Amber Monson said...

Happy Birthday Annie!! What a fun day and a sweet husband. I'm glad you had a fun time...your only 24...I wish I was still under 25.

Wright Family said...

Holy mother You're 24?! Wow, annie we are getting up there. :) Hope you had a great birthday! love ya

Lisa and Lance said...

Happy Birthday Annie! It looks like you had a great party! That was awesome of Berkeley to put all of that together for you! How nice of him! :)

Mickelle said...

Happy birthday! I'm so glad Berkeley surprised you. What at treat!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Happy birthday! What a cute hubby!