Sunday, May 31, 2009

Oh Mom, You Kill Me!


So here is a hilarious story about what happened to my mom the other day...
My little brother David had taken her car to go to work but when he got there he realized that he didn't have on the right shoes. He could not leave so he called my mom to bring him his work shoes. She borrowed my car to go to his work, traded shoes with him and got back into the car. She threw David's shoes into the passenger seat and tried putting the key in the ignition over and over again but it would not work. After a little while and a bit of frustration, she looked around and realized that she was not even in my car. She was in the driver's seat of a total stranger's car and was trying to start it. In a panic, she jumped out of the car, found my car and drove away as fast as possible. She was so grateful no one saw her mistake. Well...she got all the way home, pulled into the driveway and then realized that she had left David's shoes in the passenger seat of the stranger's car. She drove back to David's work and found that the car had not moved, so she pulled up next to it, checked to make sure there were no onlookers and broke into the car again to retrieve my brother's shoes. She left in a hurry once again and finally made it home for good. I love my mom!

6 comments:

Lisa and Lance said...

Ha ha! That is awesome. I seriously love your mom. So funny!

Becca said...

Your mom is great. What a funny story. I bet she is still laughing about it:)

Shalantie said...

hahaha... that sucks- but i'm glad you told it because i needed a good laugh. I think we would all loved to have seen that.
How frustrating! Honestly- to have to go back and break into the car again! Did the car even look like yours? It must have. That's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

ah ha ha ha haaaaaaa! I wish I could've been a fly in the air!! So bad!! good crap that is funny! Something my mom would do too! Love it! And I love Asa! I need to come kiss his cheeks!

Karen said...

haha. Oh mom! She's a nut.

Chelsea said...

That's so funny! I love it! Also, I saw your entry on traveling with an infant. I have just finished two trips alone with Elijah, and found 1. make sure to tell the people at the desk that you are flying with an infant, and if there is an empty seat to please put it next to you. Most of them were really helpful for me. They gave me the only empty seat next to me a few times! Then do everything possible to keep your car seat with you because if the seat is empty then you can put your car seat in the one next to you, so he can sleep or do whatever he does in his car seat. 2. I suggest traveling with a stroller. And use handicapped bathroom stalls when/if you need a bathroom break. 3. You will find that all sorts of complete strangers will offer to help and come up to talk with you, so be prepared. 4. People suggested that I feed Elijah during take-off and landing so his ears wouldn't bother him. He loves his pacifier so that's what I did. He just sucked away and the take-off and landing didn't bother him at all. Just something to think about. You (and Asay) will do great! It wasn't near as difficult as I thought it would be. And congrats to Berkeley!