Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fixing things

Annie just asked me " What is it with boys and hitting things to fix them"
Hitting things fixes a lot of things. I can't count the number of times as a kid I would hit the TV to fix the picture, pound it on the side a few times and ta-da, fixed. My friend Doug and I had cars that would randomly stop and not start again, we would open the hood, jiggle some stuff around and maybe pound on a few things, get back in the car and drive away, car fixed. The cd player starts skipping, give it a good knock, fixed. light bulbs that wont work, lamps, tape players, radios, x-box, nintendo, computerss, most things electronic.
Annie likes to hit her husband to get him to work, this is my silent cry for help, spousel abuse! Just kidding, annie doesn't hit. I'm sorry about the joke for those of you that have a wife that does hit.
Needless to say, hitting things has worked for me more often than not, so next time you see your husband hitting something to fix it, don't look at him like he's stupid, he is just doing what has worked for him since he started playing nintendo.
If you can think of other things that can be fixed by hitting them I would love to know, but thats all I could come up with at the moment.

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

I know I'm not a guy, but sometimes I hit Summer's swing to get it going. It doesn't work.

Shalantie said...

HAhA... that was a great post berkeley! I really like your take on that issue.
I'm on both sides. I've been known to "hit to fix"... but i've always learned that it doesn't always work and sometimes it causes more problems. Oh well.. give it a smack anyway for not working!

Jessica Anderson said...

ha ha ha. Your post made me laugh. Our TV won't turn on sometimes, so I just bang it around and it starts working, I'm a firm believer on the hitting method because sometimes things just need to jiggle around or are coming lose and need a little push just to work.

although I think i've only hit doug once or twice in the arm when he did something really mean, but it got an appoligie out of him.. so I guess that method works too!