Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tech School

Berkeley got a call from his recruiter today and was told that he will report to tech school on February 14th. I am thrilled. He has over 6 months home still before he has to leave again. The only bummer is that Asa's first birthday is on February 20th...we will just have to celebrate it a week early. Also, what is the deal with the dates of departure? He left for basic training on April 28th...Berkeley's birthday...and now he will be leaving again on Valentines Day. Hmmm. Oh well, I am just glad that he gets to stick around for a while.

3 comments:

Mickelle said...

Yay! Enjoy the time together -- you've MORE than earned it!

Jessica Anderson said...

Oh good! I'm glad to hear you get some much needed time with Berk and he'll be around for a bit longer. i know doug will be even happier knowing that they will live so close to eachother soon.. and yea, why valentines day. it's like the government doesn't care about holidays or something!

Dorothy said...

They are EVIL! But that is sooo cool that Berk will be around for a while. I just heard today that things with kids get lots easier after the first year so it sounds like pretty good timing. And I'm so excited for Asa's first birthday! I'm already planning what I'm going to do for Summer. LAME! I need a life.