Monday, July 20, 2009

What's Going On, You Ask?

Here's the low-down on life for us right now. Berkeley is enjoying being home and spending time with Asa and myself. Yesterday he introduced Asa to the wonderful world of FIFA Soccer. Here they are playing together...

Berkeley also gave Asa his first skinny dipping experience. I think he enjoyed it! I edited the second photo for graphic content but Asa's little butt was too cute to cover up!



Berkeley is working at Zimmer Rocky Mountain again until he has to go back to Texas for Security Forces training. We have not heard when he will be going back, but it could be as soon as October or as late as January. Right now we are just enjoying the time we have together and not even thinking about tech school yet. I am doing really well. Adjusting to life as a mother has been quite a challenge for me, but I finally am feeling like I am in somewhat of a comfortable routine with Asa. He is doing so much better in so many ways and life is a lot more fun for the both of us. His fussiness has decreased drastically over the last couple weeks and he has started taking fairly good naps...in his bed! I have fallen in love with these two items...

We recently switched Asa from Prevacid to Zantac. By the second day of being on Zantac, Asa has become considerably less fussy and the amount he spits up has decreased. I am so happy that this medicine is working for him.

We bought this Acid Reflux Pillow online. I had heard a lot of good things about it but was hesitant to buy one because they are a bit pricey. I just got so tired of Asa sleeping in his carseat where he looked so uncomfortable. We found a good deal on this pillow online and decided to give it a try. Asa still wakes up at night but his sleeping shifts are much more sound and his naps on this thing during the day are great!! As I type, Asa is sleeping on this pillow and has been asleep for almost two hours now. I am so glad we invested in this AR pillow.


Thanks to good naps, I have been able to start working out again almost daily for at least 30 minutes and it feels great! My sister-in-law Jackie introduced me to this...

It is awesome and so much fun to do! Plus, it gives you a pretty good workout in as little as 20 minutes.

Otherwise all is going really well for us right now. We are trying to make the most of summer by scheduling our week with activities to do when Berkeley gets home. We just get so tired of sitting around or watching TV. This is our first attempt at a scheduled week, so I will let you know how it goes. I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying life.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Look at those rolls! Scrumptious!

Sophie is on Ranitidine and Metoclopram, together. But the thing that really made a HUGE difference with her spit-up has been the new formula we just switched to. Enfamil Gentlease. She literally stopped spitting up almost completely after the first bottle! Not sure if your on formula, but if you are, you should definitely try it! It has broken down enzymes so it's easier for them to digest. Our ped recommended it and I am hooked!

Dorothy said...

I love baby butts! I just think they're the cutest things ever! I'm so happy Asa is doing better with Zantac. Oh, and he's five months old now, right? Wow, time flies! I just can't believe how fast Summer is growing, and I'm sure it's the same for you and Asa.

It was good to see you in Farmington. I hope we can get together again soon. For my sanity's sake.

Peterson Family said...

We bought I the Wii active also! It kicked my trash the first time I did it. I couldnt believe it. I need to use it more often. Great pictures! Thanks for the update!

Lexi said...

Hooray for updates!

I want to see that squishy bum in person... are you coming to see me anytime soon?

PLEASE. I miss you and Berk. And Parker would love to have a little friend.

Laura said...

I am so glad that Asa is doing better and sleeping better. when a baby sleeps better then life suddenly is a lot nicer. I am so glad that you found out what helps him out.