Monday, July 13, 2009

There is No Safe Place!

I found out recently that one of my old seminary teachers was arrested for supposedly having a sexual relationship with one of his 16 year old students. I am disgusted. It really is a sign of the times when you can't even send your children into a place of worship, such as a seminary building, without having to worry about their safety! What a scary time to raise children. It is always so sad to me when I hear of trusted individuals in a position of authority, especially a religious leader, who abuse their power and do awful things to those they should be setting an example for. Ugh. I feel so horrible for his poor wife and children and for the girl that he took advantage of. I guess I must add that he has not been charged yet, so if he is not proven guilty then I can't be his judge(or others like him). Only God has that right. It just makes me sad to see our moral and ethical standards deteriorating so badly and so quickly.

7 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh my goodness, I couldn't believe my eyes. That really is sad. Prattie was such a good guy.

Lisa and Lance said...

Seriously so sad. What the? I never had him, but everyone loved this guy and look what happened. It is a scary place to raise kids now. You really aren't safe anywhere!

Dorothy said...

I have looked at some studies, and kids and adolescents constantly make stuff up in order to get attention. From this clip it sure looks like he's guilty, but we don't know where police and family services got their information. But either way, it sucks.

Natalie said...

I saw that in the paper! Really sad situation this world is in.

Anonymous said...

I was absolutely shocked when I saw the news the other night. Brother Pratt was a fantastic seminary teacher. I loved his class! It really is a tragic and scary thing. This world is crazy.

Unknown said...

I had Brother Pratt as a teacher too and I was totally shocked. You can't let your guard down for one second.

Unknown said...

I had Brother Pratt as a teacher too and I was totally shocked. You can't let your guard down for one second.