Thursday, February 5, 2009

850...What does this Number Mean?!

850 DOLLARS IS WHAT WE HAVE TO FORK OUT TO THE GOVERNMENT!! PLUS THE 137 DOLLARS WE OWE TO H&R BLOCK FOR TAX PREPARATION. AWESOME. ANYONE HAVE AN EXTRA GRAND OF CASH LYING AROUND THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE???

We have never owed on taxes before. I usually really look forward to this time of year because I think of all the ways we can use our tax return money. So...you can understand why this is like a huge kick in the butt for us. I hope your tax season goes much better than ours.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

That's depressing!

hadjo said...

That sucks! Ya, Hadley and I had to spend $700 on law school applications. Who knows if we will even be accepted!

Peterson Family said...

oh that scares me! We usually get a return but now you have me worried! I hate taxes!

Amber Monson said...

WHat? How did that work? We've always got money back. Look forward to next year though...you can put little Asa down on your taxes. BAM!!! you got yourself an extra 1000 or more dollars. I often told people thats why we were popping them out so fast.:0)

Lisa and Lance said...

Yikes! That is no good. You are freaking me out now. Wow, have a nice time with that one! Sorry!

Laura said...

Gosh, I am sorry. I hope next year will be better with another dependent.

Sara and Justin said...

We just did our taxes and the guy who does them started off by saying that the State of Utah changed the tax tables but not the percentage that your taxed which screwed us over as well as my Mom, Aunt Marcielle. He has about 1200 clients and all of them are getting hit hard by the state.
Don't you just love that. They change the tables without anyone hardly noticing whats going on and then Wham! Your hit hard when tax season comes around.
Sorry to hear about you owing, that is truly a bummer especially right before you having a baby.

Tami H. said...

We owed for the first time on taxes last year, we too were used to those nice fat returns since we claim 0 on all the forms. That hurt. All I can say is have faith that becuase you pay tithing, Heavenly father will make it work somehow.